Wednesday, January 4, 2012

sombras, nada más

After all of the New Year festivities, it is typical for the family to re-gather on the 1st for the recalentada, the re-heating of food!  If you have spent NYE with one family, then it is more likely that you'll go to another family's recalentada the following day =)  During one of these, I sat and asked my tías about the grandmother I never got to know, causing them to scurry and pull out old pictures.  I can't emphasize enough how much I love looking through old photo albums, and this journey to the past was much more poignant, perhaps because this is a family I did not grow up with...Then again, I found some familiar faces amongst the gems.  Here's to a 2012 full of many more laughs, pictures and memories!!

my paternal grandmother, Maria Luisa Rodríguez


my grandfather paying a visit to my father, when he studied in the seminary

my aunt at her quinceañera

me! washing dishes during my very first visit to México  =)

my abuelo with my brother and I during his last visit to Chicago

No comments:

Post a Comment