Tuesday, November 8, 2011

por aquí, por allá

Since cemeteries get too jam-packed during Día de los Muertos, my family prefers to visit our dearly departed after all the festivities have ended.  It's been a while since I've seen the tombs of my paternal grandparents, but I always welcome the visit.  Rather than being a sad trek, my cousins and I compare memories we might have and we tend to "update" the abuelos on all they've missed.  This time around, we had a special helper...


Rodrigo, one of my nephews, is too young to remember his great-grandfather, but he was anxious to put the flowers in place and to tell Abuelo Lupe about all he's learning in kindergarten.

On our way back, we took a detour through one of my favorite spots in Mexico City:  Los Viveros de Coyoacán.  They are best described as a small forest preserve, a haven for weekend deportistas or people trying to get some exercise outta the way.



No comments:

Post a Comment